VS_swim_2014.jpg
Shopping for a bikini will have you think about how many other crotches have come in contact with the piece you're trying on. Usually, bikini brands attach a protective plastic layer to prevent the cloth from touching people's privates.

But in the case of a woman who shopped at Victoria's Secret San Diego, the bikini bottom she was trying on came with dried menstrual blood. In her words:
[The bikini bottoms] all had the plasticky sanitary strips in them, which I could feel when I was pulling them on. Obviously I left my underwear on, but as I was pulling off a pair of bikini bottoms, I noticed dried blood in the crotch! Not even a small drop - a quarter-sized amount, plus smears, all around the "sanitary strip"! It was awful. Somehow that garment had been picked up from the fitting room, PUT BACK ON ITS HANGER, and re-racked where I grabbed it to try on.
Pauline then spoke to the manager, who pulled her aside and gave her some hand sanitizer and a 30% coupon. When she called the company's customer care line to ask whether the sanitizer-and-coupon routine was the standard way of consoling grossed out customers, she was told that there were no protocols for addressing customers coming in contact with bloody clothing that has been improperly re-racked by careless employees because it "never happens."

Then they told her that even if in fact a bloody bikini crotch policy existed, they couldn't tell her because those things are "confidential." What the heck!? Pauline then mentioned that it was likely a health and safety violation, and the customer care representative encouraged her to have her lawyer call the company's lawyers, since she was suing. Pauline was only seeking information about a thing that happened to her.

What would you do if you found a blood-stained piece of clothing?