jenselter1.jpg

Looking to achieve the quintessential butt? Now you can by reading Instagram butt-selfie queen Jen Selter's fitness column. She has one in New York Post right now.

Selter's inaugural column, which is called "I gave my mom a six pack for Mothers Day" is all about how her mother has better abs than she does. And she has them just by following these few simple steps that beauty and fitness magazines have been saying for years. For years!!

Step one: Stop eating junk food literally all the time.

Selter says the reason her mother wasn't in perfect butt selfie shape was because she was eating junk food literally all the time.
For lunch, she used to pick at things. Chips, pasta, salads. Whatever. It wasn't a full-on fat-girl diet, but it wasn't super healthy or clean. [...]

Dinner has gone from cheeseburgers at 10 p.m. to salads or chicken burgers we take out from Whole Foods. It's important not to eat too late, so we try to have our last meal at 7 p.m.

My mom used to snack on Oreos all day long or have a big sundae for dessert.

Step two: Move around sometimes.

Selter made her mom start going to the gym a few times a week.
We supplement our gym sessions with walking. And lots of it. We average about 2.5 miles a day and use a fitness app to track our steps. The other day, I told my mom I wanted to get a cab, and she said, "No, we're walking!" It's cool that she's so into it.

Step three: Focus on your mom's ass.

The next project is to focus on mom's ass.
And we haven't even gotten to her butt yet. That's our next project. We're going to have fun. I'm going to take a before photo, which I wish I did more of with my whole fitness makeover. It's going to be fun to see it plump up and show the results to everyone on Instagram (@mamaselter).
Read the rest of her column and see if that works for you. Though we'd like to point out it's probably just about the same advice you'll read anywhere else.