bowdownslaves.jpg
Imagine being surrounded by thousands of screaming Swifites clad in various shades of red within closed quarters? If you can't, then you're seriously missing out.

The seven-time Grammy winner really brought down the house last night during her sold-out maiden concert held at Putra Indoor Stadium, Bukit Jalil on June 11.

An estimated 7,500 fans showed up (some were even seen camping outside the stadium for hours) just to catch a glimpse of their musical idol.

aia.jpg

The country crossover pop star was in town as part of the Asian leg of The Red Tour, which supports her latest studio album. AIA was the lead sponsor for her Kuala Lumpur show.

Backed by a six-piece band, the singer-songwriter kicked off the show with an electrifying performance of "State of Grace", the opening track from her fourth studio album Red.

In between performing crowd favourites like "You Belong With Me" , "22" and "I Knew You Were Trouble", the singer would also rile up the crowd by indulging in a little light banter.
"Saya cinta (I love) Malaysia. Coming here to KL is something I'm excited about because I've heard so much about it."

"This is my first time in KL. In fact, it's my first time in Malaysia. And you really know how to make an impression, don't you?" she said with a cheeky wink.
But it wasn't all light shows and high-energy dancing as Taylor did also showcase her acoustic talents (with the help of many guitars, a piano and even a banjo) to perform well-loved ballads like "Mean" , "Love Story" and "15".

Her final song of the evening, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" was truly a spectacular sigh to behold, which included dancing clowns on stilts and the singer dressed as a circus ringmaster. Only then was it truly and finally over.

Overall, the concert truly was an energetic experience with loads of singing, dancing, elaborate backdrops and costume changes. And the fact that this 24-year-old could do it all while barely taking any breaks (it was a 90-min set!) was truly impressive.

So was it all really worth the risk of going partially deaf and developing blisters on your feet?  Absolutely. Her devoted fans probably already know this, but what really makes Taylor standout in the music industry is that she truly knows how to appreciate her fans!