lyrics0.gif

Not all lyrics are great. Some are just made up sentences that consist of words put together. When sung, they don't seem wrong because we're not really catching them. But listen carefully, and most of the time, we're all in the dark - we don't understand any of them. Here are 17 song lyrics that are confusing as heck:

1. “This morning I said we should talk about it. ‘Cause I read you should never leave a fight unresolved. That’s when you came in wearing a football helmet and said ‘Okay let’s talk.’” - Taylor Swift, Stay. Why the football helmet?

lyrics6.gif

2. "Love will lead us, she will lead us. Can you hear the dolphin's cry? See the road rise up to meet us." - Live - The Dolphin's Cry. What in the world?

lyrics5.gif

3. "Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon?" - Vanessa Williams - Colors of the Wind. I don't think anyone has heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon. What is a blue corn moon?

lyrics12.gif

4. "Lucky that my breasts are small and humble so you don't confuse them with mountains." - Shakira, Whenever, Whatever. I think I get it.

lyrics13.gif

5. "I did it all for the nookie. The nookie. So you can take that cookie and stick it up your, yeah! Stick it up your yeah! Stick it up your yeah!"- Limp Bizkit - Nookie. - Is your "yeah" your vajaj?

lyrics17.gif

6. "If I was a sculptor, but then again, no." - Elton John, Your Song. So what are you, Elton?

lyrics14.gif

7. "Do you ever feel like a plastic bag" - Katy Perry, Fireworks. No, I've never felt like a plastic bag.

lyrics2.gif

8. "You had a boyfriend, Who looked like a girlfriend" - The Killers, Somebody Told Me. You don't want anyone telling you this.

lyrics8.gif

9. "Lucky you were born that far away so we could both make fun of distance" - Shakira, Whenever, Whatever. Shakira just takes words and puts them together.

lyrics4.gif

10. "Go out and smash it, Like Oh My God, Jump off that sofa" - The Black Eyed Peas, I Gotta Feeling. The Black Eyed Peas are lyrical poets and we will never understand them, at least not in this generation.

lyrics9.gif

11. "Okay, so you're a rocket scientist, That don't impress me much" - Shania Twain, That Don't Impress Me Much. Nothing will impress Shania.

lyrics10.gif

12. "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard" - Kelis, Milkshake. Some major sexual innuendo going on here.

lyrics3.gif

13. "Oh, Mickey, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey, Mickey" - Toni Basil. So who's Mickey?

lyrics15.gif

14. "Let it burn, Let it burn, Gotta let it burn" - Usher, Burn. Relationships, hm?

lyrics11.gif

15. "Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof" - Pharrell Williams, Happy. What does that even mean?

lyrics16.gif

16. "In a French restaurant, Hurry up with my damn croissants" - Kanye West, I am a God. Typical stereotyping all French restaurants.

lyrics1.gif

17. "...I can't compete with your boyfriend/ He's got 27 tattoos" - One Direction, I Would. That's right, look for another girl to hit on, douchebags.

lyrics18.gif