jason1.gif

Fact sheet: Jason Statham is as tough in real life as he is in movies. He is definitely the baddest, meaning action film star there is.

The fact that his extends to real life is even more amazing.

jason5.gif

Jason Statham: real life badass mofo.

Statham survived being in the driver's seat of a truck as it fell into the sea while filming The Expendables 3 in Bulgaria.

jason3.gif

According to Sylvester Stallone:

“It went down 60 feet into the Black Sea and became impaled.

“Luckily we had taken the doors off before. If anyone else had been in that truck we would have been dead because we were all wearing heavy boots and gun belts.

“We would have drowned. But because Jason is an Olympic-quality diver he got out of it.”

Terry Crews, who stars in the show too also told the story to Jay Leno last year:

We were doing a stunt and Jason Statham was driving the truck. We were on the back of the truck, talking, drinking smoothies, like, yeah yeah…

And we’re on the edge of Bulgaria in the Black Sea; he literally is supposed to stop the truck, we get out, we shoot, the whole thing. [But] the truck doesn’t stop. The truck goes into the Black Sea with Jason Statham driving.

In your mind you have an action film where you’re like, “I’m gonna grab the truck, I’m gonna do all this stuff,” but I was like, “Jasoooooon!” I’m in a heap on the ground, he’s in the water, in the truck, everyone’s freaking out.

He gets out, swims to the top. The truck is gone. We were supposed to be on the back of it.

Let me tell you something: Jason Statham is a true bad, bad dude.”

jason4.gif

So are these scenes real?

Statham is a qualified Olympic diver. he's not the best, but he did represent England at the Commonwealth Games in Auckland in 1990.

jason6.gif

He eventually got his big break when he starred in Guy Ritchie's Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels.

jason7.gif

Jason is a badass, even in real life. You don't want to mess with him. 

Now, if only we can get him to beat up Justin Bieber.

jason2.gif

Game over, dude.