Most people only knew who Robin Thicke was when Blurred Lines came about. But that could be all he'll be famous for. Now he's a nobody.

The Hollywood Reporter published Thicke's deposition from a lawsuit filed by Marvin Gaye's children claiming "Blurred Lines" is ripping off their father's song "Got To Give It Up."

robin1.gif

It reveals how truly messed up his life is, from the drugs and all the lying.

robin2.gif

Before "Blurred Lines", he was an average, liked guy. He had a good voice.

robin3.gif

He had a hit single in 2007 called "Lost Without You", not like you'd actually remember, so check it out below:

But Thicke only made it big when Blurred Lines hit the scenes in 2013.

robin5.gif

It was the number 1 song on Billboard's Hot 100 chart for 10 weeks.

robin6.gif

While many called it rapey, and that it had an unsettling similarity to the language survivors of sexual assault have heard before, Thick admitted that Blurred Lines' video was "degrading" to women:

robin7.gif

“Because all three of us are happily married with children, we were like, ‘We’re the perfect guys to make fun of this.’
People say, “Hey, do you think this is degrading to women?” I’m like, “Of course it is. What a pleasure it is to degrade a woman. I’ve never gotten to do that before. I’ve always respected women.” So we just wanted to turn it over on its head and make people go, “Women and their bodies are beautiful. Men are always gonna want to follow them around.”

The video's director, Diane Martel, didn't think that comment was correct.

robin8.gif

“Maybe he wasn’t thinking when he said that,” Martel told Grantland in an interview in June 2013.
“I don’t think the video is sexist,” Martel said. “The lyrics are ridiculous, the guys are silly as fuck. That said, I respect women who are watching out for negative images in pop culture and who find the nudity offensive, but I find [the video] meta and playful.”

Then Thicke went on to make more headlines by doing this at the MTV VMAs:

robin9.gif

Miley Cyrus explained that it was planned already, except Thicke decided to throw Cyrus under the bus.
“He was in rehearsal as much as I was, and loving it, people,” she said on Ellen

Thicke said:

robin10.gif

“Well, I was on stage, I didn’t see it, you know,” Thicke said to Oprah in an interview last fall. “So to me, I’m walking out towards Miley, I’m not thinking ‘sex,’ I’m thinking ‘fun.’”

Then Thicke displayed his douchebaggery in this photo taken after the VMAs after party. See where his fingers are in the background.

robin11.jpg

Apparently, this photo was the catalyst in the downward spiral of his marriage with Paula Patton. Say goodbye, happy life.

robin12.gif

He was also in the middle of being sued by Marvin Gaye's family. In a deposition, he admitted to drug abuse saying, “With all due respect, I was high and drunk every time I did an interview last year.”

robin19.gif

And then he admitted he took credit from Pharrell for creating "Blurred Lines": 

robin13.gif

Q: When the rhythm track was being created, were you there with Pharrell?
Thicke: To be honest, that’s the only part where — I was high on Vicodin and alcohol when I showed up at the studio. So my recollection is when we made the song, I thought I wanted — I — I wanted to be more involved than I actually was by the time, nine months later, it became a huge hit and I wanted credit. So I started kind of convincing myself that I was a little more part of it than I was and I — because I didn’t want him — I wanted some credit for this big hit. But the reality is, is that Pharrell had the beat and he wrote almost every single part of the song.”

When asked why he took credit for the song, he said because he was jealous of Pharrell.

robin21.gif

Q: Why did you say it if it’s not true?
Thicke: Because after making six albums that I wrote and produced myself, the biggest hit of my career was written and produced by somebody else and I was jealous and I wanted some of the credit.

Then things started to go downhill faster from there. In February 2014, he and Patton announced they were splitting.

robin20.gif

He tried to get her back by making an album for her.

robin15.jpg

Which of course, didn't work, because it only sold like 24,000 copies or less.

robin16.gif

The Atlantic called his wife-getting-back album "one of the creepiest albums ever made."

robin17.gif

He's like the Shia LaBeouf of music. Probably never going to get another hit ever.

robin18.gif