Where do you stand on getting people to pay for not showing up after they've RSVP-ed? A 5-year-old boy by the name of Alex Nash was invited to his friend's birthday party. But because he was a no-show, his friend's mom decided to send him an invoice for £15.95. Wtf exactly.

He was billed for his non-attendance, and his dad isn't happy about it.

invoice1.jpeg

The invoice was put in his bag after he failed to turn up to his classmate's birthday party at Plymouth's Ski Slope and Snowboard Centre.

Derek, Alex's dad, originally confirm that he would be attending but forgot he had prearranged a day trip with Alex's grandparents on the same day.

The invoice was put in Alex's schoolbag by a teacher at the request of the birthday boy's mom.

invoice2.jpg

Derek visited the birthday boy's family to complain and said he wouldn't be paying:

When she [the boy’s mum] answered the door I told her I had found the invoice in my son’s school bag and that I wasn’t happy about it. I told her I would not be paying her the money.

I told her she should have spoken to me first and not put the invoice in my son’s school bag.

I would have sympathised with her about the cost of Alex not showing up, but I just can’t believe the way she has gone around it.

He added:

"Julie Lawrence and I weren’t friends, we didn’t talk to each other at school, but I felt bad about Alex not going to the party," Tanya told Apex News. "I searched for the party invite afterwards and I’m not sure we even had one… But to be invoiced like this is so over the top – I’ve never heard of anything like it. It’s a terrible way of handling it – it’s very condescending."

Here's what people are saying on Twitter.

invoice3.png

invoice4.png

How do you feel about the whole thing? What's your stand?