Kenny G is probably the only saxophonist you know, (but seriously, there are others too, okay?) But while he's great at playing the instrument, he may also be the creator of the world's most popular brain-freeze drink: the frappuccino.

20 years ago, his uncle became the first guy that gave Howard Schultz (chairman and CEO) money to get Starbucks growing.

kennyg1.png

“My uncle called me and said, ‘I know you been selling some CDs, meet this guy Howard Schultz, give him some money for this company Starbucks. You’re gonna like Howard,’” Kenny G told Bloomberg. His lack of coffee knowledge didn’t deter him: “I thought, ‘I don’t know what he’s really talking about when it comes to coffee, but this is a winner.’”

kennyg2.gif

Kenny let his tastes known giving suggestions to Starbucks. At first, they didn't have anything but coffee.

“… There was another company, Coffee Bean, that had something called ‘blended’ that was a sweet drink, and people were lined up around the block. And I would always call Howard and say, ‘Howard, there’s this thing that they do there that’s like a milkshake or whatever.’ And so I think that part of the reason that they did Frappuccino was people like me giving them that kind of feedback. So I’d like to think that I was partially responsible for that.”

kennyg3.gif

So thanks, Kenny!

kennyg4.gif