Remember Steve Austin? Stone Cold Steve Austin? He was once the baddest of the bad, and the toughest of the tough, but back before he was 'Stone Cold' in the ring, he originally had a different idea altogether.

His former wife and valet, Jeanie Clark is credited with coming up with the "Stone Cold" name.

steve1.gif

She revealed in an interview that it wasn't always like that.

steve2.gif

She said:

“Yes, I did, over a cup of tea…Basically, the concept was Steve’s, because Steve and I were just sitting watching TV, flicking channels, and this show came on called “The Iceman” about a killer, a hit man type guy. Steve just said, “I want a character like that”, meaning someone cold, and he called Vince (McMahon) and he said this is the character he wanted. The office, they were just sending all these faxes of these temperature-based names like Fang McFrost…they were so hokey. I remember Brian Pillman and Steve in hysterics over these names, but none of them worked for Steve. One day he was just kind of pensive, a little bit worried-looking, and I just said, “Drink your tea before it gets stone cold” and I went, “There it is, Stone Cold.” He got a big smile on his face, and he liked it, so that’s how it started, over that cup of tea.”

So imagine if Stone Cold was called Fang McFrost.

steve3.gif

Fang McFrost doing this:

steve4.gif

And this:

steve5.gif

I can't imagine it!