Grown women acting like they are children and throwing tantrums aren't something you hear about everyday, including this one: a Chinese woman jumping into a lake because her husband refused to buy her a new handbag.

The woman is from Dezhou, China. She jumped into a lake, threatening to commit suicide after her husband didn't cave into her demands to buy her a new handbag.

handbag2.jpg

Bystanders tried to get her out of the water but to no avail. A buoy was thrown to her by police after they arrived but she remained afloat on her own, refusing to grab onto the buoy.

handbag3.jpg

The husband shouted at his wife, demanding she get out of the lake, and when that didn't work, he jumped into it.

handbag1.jpg

But instead of helping her, he assaulted her, weaving his hands around her throat.

handbag4.jpg

The police came to help after realizing her husband wasn't the solution. She later told the police:

“My husband abuses me all the time at home and it’s not out of the ordinary for him to beat me up like this. I threatened to commit suicide not just because of the bag but because of all the abuse I’ve been through.”

So maybe he should have bought her that bag. Or she should leave him instead.