If Taylor Swift's songs are all about empowering yourself after a break up, then Adele is the queen of heartbreak. She speaks what everyone always wanted to say after going through a rough patch. Healing starts from the hurt. These are the most heartbreaking things Adele has ever sang.

1. “I’m sorry for breaking your heart / But it don’t matter, it clearly doesn’t tear you apart anymore”

cry1.gif

2. “Send my love to your new lover / Treat her better”

cry2.gif

3. “You look like a movie / You sound like a song / My God, this reminds me / Of when we were young”

cry3.gif

4. “Every story has its scars”

cry4.gif

5. “If I’m not the one for you / Why have we been through what we have been through”

cry5.gif

6. “Have I ever asked for much / The only thing that I want is your love”

cry6.gif

7. “Everybody tells me it’s ‘bout time that I moved on / And I need to learn to lighten up and learn how to be young”

cry7.gif

8. “I should probably tell you now before it’s way too late / That I never meant to hurt you or lie straight to your face / Consider this my apology, I know it’s years in advance / But I’d rather say it now in case I never get the chance”

cry8.gif

9. “Please don’t fall apart / I can’t face your breaking heart / I’m trying to be brave / Stop asking me to stay”

cry9.gif

10. “I know I’m not the only one / Who regrets the things they’ve done”

cry11.gif

11. “I wish I could live a little more / Look up to the sky, not just the floor / I feel like my life is flashing by / And all I can do is watch and cry”

cry12.gif

12. “It matters how this ends / Cause what if I never love again”

cry13.gif

13. “Hope you know I won’t let go”

cry14.gif

14. “How do you keep me coming back for more / After all we’ve been through”

cry15.gif

15. “You have a place in my heart that will always be yours”

cry16.gif