As far as typos go, you'd probably never expect this coming from a retailer. Ever. A retailer in Singapore completely missed the mark with their ad trying to catch some Black Friday shopping sales with a terrible typo.

SuperGurl, an online retailer for discounted women's clothing in Singapore attempted to lure shoppers for Black Friday, but saw its efforts backfire with this type.

black1.jpg

Instead of its usual "Click Here" or "Shop Now" button, it featured a button saying "Rape Us Now."  The company quickly responded to the backlash by issuing an apology but it was too late.

black2.jpg

I am writing this to express our sincerest apologies pertaining to our insensitive action and the choice of word – rape during our ‘Black Friday’ sale. We do not mean for it to be offensive to anyone, and I extend my sincerest apology for the lack of a better word. As the director of the company, I have failed to review my Graphic Designer’s work before approving the image to be displayed on our site. I hereby acknowledge that we have made a mistake, and that our caption does not advocate the right values to the young women community today.

Having regretted for what we have done, the team at Supergurl will definitely be more careful with what we will put up in future as this is also a lesson learnt for us. This is an honest mistake that we have made on our side, and we do know that it is indefensible. We hope that the public will accept our apology for what we have done wrong. Sincerely, Jordus Lim Creative Director.

A little too late?