Floyd Mayweather received a pet tiger as an early Christmas gift from his team over in Russia. Later, he got on to Instagram asking his followers suggestions for a name for hi9s two-month-old female tiger. Naturally, a lot of people weren't too happy that he owns a tiger. Including Chrissy Teigen.

"I want to thank my family @themoneyteamrussia here in Moscow, Russia for the hospitality & my early Christmas present, a rare & exotic tiger from India. Any suggestions for a name for this two-month old, female tiger?"

Floyd asked his 10 million followers what he should name the beast, and what started as good old fashioned fun, turned into an ambush from people who are not happy about Floyd owning a jungle cat.

floyd2.png

Chrissy Teigen fired off a tongue-in-cheek tweet hoping his new pet devours him.

floyd3.jpg

Mayweather responded to Teigen in an interview with Fight Hype Magazine:

“The thing is I’ve never had anything negative to say about John Legend,” he said. “I really don’t even know what his wife does, whoever she may be. I’ve never seen John Legend’s wife in my life. If I did, I probably just don’t remember it. But the thing is this: I’m pretty sure she has a lot going on in her life, but you know, I’m something to talk about, so that can be something else. I am something to talk about. You see, when she spoke on me, she got her name in the public eye, so that’s kind of cool of her. I said this many, many, many years ago. I’m not perfect, I can contradict myself, but I think that people spend too much time worried about what other people are doing.”

Looks like we have to agree with Floyd this time round.