You might recognize Rebecca Romijin. She's a former VS supermodel turned actress (most notably Mystique in the older X-Men movies), and she's got some comments on social media models.

She told Entertainment Tonight that Instagram models are not true supermodels.

rebecca1.jpg

She aired her disappointment of new generation models like Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid.

“No one has proven yet that numbers of followers translates to revenue. So it is frustrating. I know a lot of people — legitimate fashion people — can’t stand it. Hate it that these, you know, social media stars are now the supermodels in fashion. They are not true supermodels.”

rebecca2.jpg

And she called out Vogue for promoting the trend:

“I have always looked to Vogue magazine to lead the way, not be a follower. I rely on Vogue to set the standard, not follow what everybody else is doing. So I have been disappointed that fashion magazines have been supporting this trend of social media stars to set our style standards. But it will change; fashion always does.”

rebecca3.jpg

Even 90s supermodel Naomi Campbell shares her views:

“We had to earn our stripes and take our stepping stones to get to where we’ve gotten, and to accomplish what we have achieved […] Then it just comes like that for them — but I sometimes believe easy come, easy go.”

rebecca4.jpg

Still, you can't deny that the world is changing and the platform for modeling is too. No harm in looking at it from that point of view.

rebecca5.png