googlemaps1.jpg

This new ad for Google Maps features Saroo Brierley. He spent 25 years searching for his biological family after getting separated from them at an Indian train station.

Brierley was able to find his way back to the home and family he never thought he'd see again.

Here's his story: Right before his fifth birthday, Brierley fell asleep on a train, waiting for his brother.

"When I woke up the next day, the whole carriage was empty," he says in the video, above. "On a runaway train, a ghost train, taking me I don't know where."

Brierley got adopted by a family in Australia later, but he never forgot where he came from. His adoptive mother even kept a map of India in his bedroom.

"I'd wake up every morning seeing that map, and hence, it sort of kept the memories alive," he says. "I'd have flashes of the places that I'd used to go, the flashes of my family faces."

Brierley was browsing Google Maps, twenty five years later, when he realized he could use Google Earth to view his long lost home. He used Google to trace the train he had taken all the way back to his childhood home.

In 2012, he found his mother, and then sibling.

Check out the heartwarming ad below: