You'd have to be crazy, and irresponsible to record a Vine video while driving, and to think there are actually people who are doing it. Vine users are filming a scary amount of footage while driving.

“For me, I get more ideas when I’m in my car,” says Alx James, who, at the time of writing, has the 11th most-followed Vine account. James’ Vine videos are mostly recordings inside his car; many he records while driving.

There are others doing the same:

Vining in cars sounds more dangerous than texting in cars.

“I speculate that video recording with Vine might cause more visual distraction than voice calling or speech-based conversation,” says Jibo He, assistant professor of psychology at Wichita State University. His research focuses on eye movement and attention, especially that associated with distracted driving.

“When recording videos, users often need to visually check the angle of the camera to make sure they appear in the range of the camera,” he says. “The requirement of visual inspection for voice calling and speech-based texting is less compared to video recording.”

Vine requires users to keep their finger on their phones to record, and that's a major safety concern. Still, people are doing it and we don't know why.

Stop the madness, folks!