EmoSPARK.jpg
A new smarthome hub is about to enter the market, but it'll do more than just make sure your coffee is brewed when you get out of bed.

The EmoSPARK claims to be an Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) attuned to your emotional state. It can identify you with its facial detection software and detect how you might be feeling through an analysis of your body language, voice, and content of your texts.

Over time the collection of your data will allow the EmoSPARK to notice when you're feeling bored, or depressed, or if you'd just like someone to talk to. The data it gathers will also create and emotional profile for EmoSPARK itself, meaning that your home could soon be asking you if it could join you in a gaming session, or play with some of your Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connected toys.

EmoSPARK will also keep tabs on your social media feed, alerting you to posts that might be of interest to you when it finds them. Furthermore, it can connect to other EmoSPARK devices to discover more about itself through A.I. to A.I. interactions.

The EmoSPARK is a cube-shaped Android computer with a 1.8GHz quad-core processor, 2GB of DDR3 memory and a simple 8GB of flash memory. All its data will be stored in a cloud, and EmoSPARK can connect to iOS or Android devices through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.

If the EmoSPARK sounds like something you might want to live with, you can reserve one of a few remaining "early adopter" models through crowdfunding site Indiegogo for as low as $224. Non-discounted units will cost about $249 to $299.

Get to know EmoSPARK better in the video below: