Know someone who's a narcissistic jerk? Turns out, that person might be more successful than you. According to researchers from the University of Bern, workers who scored higher on 'dark triad' traits, ie - psychopathy, marcissism, and Machiavellianism, often had more opportunities for raises and promotions to leadership positions.

Reseachers surveyed 793 working German adults aged 25 to 34 and administered the 'Dirty Dozen' test to measure their degree of dark triad traits.

psycho1.gif

They were asked to agree with statements like, "I tend to want others to pay attention to me," and "I tend to lack remorse," and "I tend to manipulate others to get my way."

psycho2.gif

Researchers found that those who scored high on two of the three dark triad traits were likely to be more successful in their career.

psycho3.gif

After controlling for other relevant variables (i.e., gender, age, job tenure, organization size, education, and work hours), narcissism was positively related to salary, Machiavellianism was positively related to leadership position and career satisfaction."

psycho4.gif