Comedian Gurmit Singh, or otherwise more famously known for his role as Phua Chu Kang shared an open letter written by his daughter. It was directed to fast fashion retailer Forever 21.

The reason she wrote the letter was because the store was playing a rap track with explicit lyrics. This is it. (warning: explicit language):

Admittedly, it's probably not the kind of song you want to add to your playlist especially when your store isn't frequented by potheads:

f21_3.gif

Or gang-bangers. Not the target audience of Forever 21:

f21_4.gif

Instead, anyone who's shopped at Forever 21 will realize it's mostly young girls that go in, wanting to look like Sky Ferreira or something.

f21_2.gif

Here's an excerpt of Singh's daughter's letter:

What I did mind was the lyrics, which declared “half you bitches like pussy too”.
The songs got progressively more derogative: more condoning of abuse towards women, more explicit in descriptions of sexual endeavours… more disgusting, if I can put it flatly.
And if I stepped into a shop that had shaped its general brand image around fellatio and breasts, then I would understand the demand for this sort of music in that sort of shop.
You guys are a brand that caters to women. You are a store that thirteen-year-old girls frequent. You are a store that women can bring their children to.

She's right. Why play gang-busting, lyrically questionable and rape-culture promoting music in what seems to be a family friendly store?

f21_5.gif
They're selling clothes, right?

She updated that F21 has responded with an apology for the music, so hopefully that's off their playlist for good.

f21_1.gif

Read the whole letter here.