Sexism or sexual harassment is not a good feeling, especially when you're a girl just trying to walk down the street without wanting to be bothered.

It's normal to feel a wave of emotions like fear, anger, embarrassment, shame, and so on to wash over you. But the best way to get back at these cat-callers and pervs is to bounce back with a witty comeback.

And to help you out, check out the Twitter followers of the Everyday Sexism Project, which features plenty of wonderful and witty responses to put those jerks in their place:

@EverydaySexism when I get harassed I always pretend I didn't hear & say "what?" The more they have to repeat the sillier they sound.

— Kari Berry (@KariAnnSpriggs) December 5, 2013

@EverydaySexism "A woman's place is in the kitchen" you know what you're right. Lemme grab a knife.

— Ur GHOULPal Charlie™ (@CannibalKisses) December 5, 2013

@EverydaySexism guy makes orgasm noise at me as I walk past. Me: "that will probably be the only time you ever hear that noise in your life"

— Lorna Farrington (@lolly_chops) December 5, 2013

@EverydaySexism a guy kept harrassing me for my phone number so I gave him the number of another sexist, figured they'd have a lot in common

— Amanda (@KrezzyNL) December 5, 2013

@EverydaySexism Someone bleeped at me from a car as I was striding down the road. I yelled "I AM A WOMAN NOT A TRAFFIC JAM".

— Amy Butterworth (@butterworthamy) December 5, 2013

@EverydaySexism Man: "Nice tits." Me: "If you're going to be a sexist pig at least be accurate. I have fantastic breasts." Silence....

— Sally Preston (@_sallypreston_) December 5, 2013