Christine Carter decided to make a big change in her life via a physical transformation. She was overweight, and after a series of events in her life, she decided it was time to get her life back on track.

Since 2014, she's lost 150 pounds. But the turning point was when she went to a family reunion feeling unrecognizable.

My father begged me to come to the family reunion, and I reluctantly — because of my weight — agreed to go... I walked in and went to say hello to my uncle, Bruce. He literally made eye contact with me, and continued to walk past me. It was as if he had never seen me in his life. It was mortifying. I had eaten myself into an unrecognizable state.

After losing fifty pounds, the weight started to come back after her gastric sleeve surgery.

The gastric sleeve is a fantastic tool when used correctly. The problem with it, for me, was that going into it, I had no intentions of using it to its full advantage. I thought, ‘If I wanted to diet and exercise, I wouldn’t be having weight loss surgery!’...At that point I realized, I needed to take my life to the next level... I saw myself on a billboard for weight loss surgery failures.

So she joined a gym and hired a trainer.

Her ex actually motivated her to lose more, because he was insecure and jealous of the confidence she gained.

My ex was very controlling, told me what to wear and I believe he wanted me to be fat so that I wouldn't leave him...

Being overweight, I didn't feel I deserved anything better - I went from a place of being "fat and happy" to just "fat".

It was taking a major toll on my body and instead of dealing with my feelings I was eating them.

I would wake up and eat all day long - sometimes I would eat in the middle of the night.

[M]y ex became very insecure and jealous and I gained the confidence to see that I was not in a healthy relationship and needed to get out.

Now she's fit. And we hope she stays that way.