When Siobhan Yap's newly purchased Audi A3 converter from Audi Watford dealership got damaged in the showroom, she was presented a free lunch to make up for the inconvenience. She decided she'd go for lunch, but it isn't the kind you and I would have on a daily basis. Her bill was 700 pounds.

Yap decided to take her mother to a Michelin-starred restaurant - L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon restaurant in Covent Garden in the heart of London.

audimeal1.jpg

This is how the restaurant looks like:

audimeal2.jpg

She ordered four glasses of rose champagne, two $106 bottles of wine, a $54 black truffle tasting dish, scallops, risotto, and more. Basically, she ordered 21 different items on the menu.

audimeal3.jpg

But when the dealership was presented with the bill, they were shocked and only wanted to pay half of it.

We believe this is a fair and reasonable amount given the circumstances, and we stand by the decision taken.

But Yap doesn't think it's excessive. She explained:

I asked for a courtesy car in the first instance which they said they did not have. They only gave me one because I kicked up a fuss with the MD.

“I received a sum of £250 but I have had no further contact with them. The statement that they offered me half is incorrect.

In the first place, the dealership should have stipulated how much the free lunch would have cost.