22-year-old Paige Spiranac has made headlines time and again. Mostly, for her good looks. But what a lot of people tend to overlook is that she is in fact very skilled. It just so happens that she's a sight for sore eyes too!

paige1.jpg

She's now had to defend herself from criticism that she was invited to play at the Omega Dubai Ladies Masters because she's very lookable.

Spiranac turned professional in August after graduating from San Diego State University.

She's also quite the Instagram celeb herself with over 500,000 followers.

The tournament in Dubai was her first professional tournament as she tours the LPGA.

Her internet fame has led many to believe she was invited for her looks. And to give golf a hotter image.

She says

“I understand where they are coming from. I mean, I’ve played golf and have had good results, but when you look at my game compared to the top players in the world, I’m not in the same league.”

“But I wish they could see that I’m working as hard as I can. I may make it, I may not make it. But I’m just trying to focus on what I need to do to get to the next level and trying not to focus on what they say.”
Spiranac is ranked 101 on the leaderboard with a score of 156 after two rounds, missing the cut to continue playing in the tournament.

Still, she's a good example of how we shouldn't judge a book by its cover.