Successful people don't have the time to spend thinking what to wear every other day. That's why many of them, from entrepreneurs to designers to celebrities and more wear the same thing everyday. There's also a scientific reason behind it too.

According to Daniel Levitin, cognitive neuroscientist and author of “The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload”, told Daily Mail that making tough decisions requires neurons to burn glucose. So freeing up their mind from decisions like these make their day faster and easier.

Mark Zuckerberg – Facebook CEO

Freeing up his mind from decisions of what to wear. Fashion isn't something he puts his brain cells to work on.

same1.jpg

same2.png

Steve Jobs – Apple Co-founder

Jobs recounted the story when he visited Sony chairman Akio Morita in Japan in the early 1980s. Isaacson wrote:

“He told Jobs that after the war, no one had any clothes, and companies like Sony had to give their workers something to wear each day. Over the years, the uniforms developed their own signatures styles, especially at companies such as Sony, and it became a way of bonding workers to the company. ‘I decided that I wanted that type of bonding for Apple,’ Jobs recalled.

same3.jpg

“Sony, with its appreciation for style, had gotten the famous designer Issey Miyake to create its uniform. It was a jacket made of rip-stop nylon with sleeves that could unzip to make it a vest. So Jobs called Issey Miyake and asked him to design a vest for Apple, Jobs recalled, ‘I came back with some samples and told everyone it would great if we would all wear these vests. Oh man, did I get booed off the stage. Everybody hated the idea.’

“In the process, however, he became friends with Miyake and would visit him regularly. He also came to like the idea of having a uniform for himself, both because of its daily convenience (the rationale he claimed) and its ability to convey a signature style. ‘So I asked Issey to make me some of his black turtlenecks that I liked, and he made me like a hundred of them.’ Jobs noticed my surprise when he told this story, so he showed them stacked up in the closet. ‘That’s what I wear,’ he said. ‘I have enough to last for the rest of my life.'”

Barack Obama – President of The United States

“I’m trying to pare down decisions. I don’t want to make decisions about what I’m eating or wearing. Because I have too many other decisions to make.”

same4.jpg

Albert Einstein – Physicist

He had a closet full of the same suits that he wore everyday.

same5.jpg

Louis C.K. – Comedian

Always wearing the same thing.

same6.jpg

Christopher Nolan – Director

As dapper as always.

same7.jpg

Karl Lagerfeld – Fashion designer

The German fashion mogul is always seen wearing his signature monochromatic suit, sunglasses, and studded leather driving gloves.

same8.jpg