Get paid for renting out your home or room, and a chance to score some action with your guests. How does that sound? Apparently, people are using Airbnb's services for both holidaying and hooking up. And the company is fine with it, if it's consensual.

hookup1.jpg

Some rent out entire homes but there's a lot that sometimes just book a room where the owner will also be staying during their visit. A handful of customers have revealed they've slept with their hosts.

hookup2.jpg

A 25-year-old Airbnb host named Stuart admitted to having sexual encounters with his 36-year-old Brazilian renter.

I asked if she would want to come to my bedroom. She did, and we had amazing sex. Mind-blowing. She tiptoed back up to the other bedroom during the night and nobody noticed. This then continued every night for the rest of the week, and we slept together every night.

hookup3.jpg

Another customer, a 27-year-old French woman named Marion said that she had a "one night stand" with her host in Cornwall, England.

It happened last easter. Me and two of my friends decided to spend the weekend on the coast to practice surfing. I was in charge of booking the place for us. I was not expecting our host to be a serious silver fox: a proper surfer dude in his early 40s, no kid, no wife, full of good vibes.

hookup8.gif

… We came back home later in the night and shared a bottle of wine in his flat. Then he kissed me and we went to his bedroom to spend the rest of the night. We left the morning after. We kept in touch only for a very short time after that… It was totally unexpected, but fun.

hookup10.gif

But while that sounds like bonus-added for a holiday, not all sound this good. It can sometimes turn out to be creepy. A 34-year-old man was sentenced to 12 years for raping two women who booked his Barcelona apartment through Airbnb. That happened to user Susy Anese.

hookup4.gif

The guy got weird from the beginning, as he had already rented out the room so he offered me his room and slept on the sofa. He kept trying to hug and kiss me and saying he didn’t want me to leave. He lie down with me Saturday night while I was trying to sleep. I got seriously afraid but I didn’t want to say anything as I was scared about his reaction. The worst was on Sunday morning when I woke up and he was staring at me.

hookup6.gif

“As soon as he left, I packed and ran away. I contacted Airbnb, and at the end they said it was my word against his so they couldn’t do anything except send me a coupon as a refund for the last night I didn’t spend there. I had to send a couple of emails to get it.

hookup7.gif

While a hookup could happen to you, just be wary of your situation.

hookup5.gif

Airbnb takes trust and safety concerns seriously and they try to ensure that people feel safe sharing their space, though if there's sparks between people, it's obviously up to them.

hookup9.gif