spearfishing2.jpg

Who says you can't be hot and successful at the same time and also be a badass. This is Valentine Thomas, a 28-year-old French Canadian woman who also happens to love spearfishing and work in a hedge fund. Did we mention she's got a rock solid body too?

On weekends and holidays, she spearfishes.

spearfishing1.JPG

She documents her catch on Instagram:

Occasionally, she takes some heat from haters:

‘People call me a killer,’ Miss Thomas told MailOnline. ‘I face sexism, I face a lot of hate, but I have also had marriage proposals.’

In 2010, the French-speaking Canadian moved from Montreal to the UK, and was persuaded by a friend to complete a diving course in Egypt.

She then travelled to the remote Ascension Island in the south Atlantic for her first trip and soon fell in love with the sport.

‘For me to be able to grab my own food is amazing,’ the keen cook explained. ‘I like everything – even cleaning the fish afterwards. We are really involved in sea preservation. We never kill anything we won’t eat.’

She has no time for haters either:

And Miss Thomas is often called a killer on social media, but she insists her way of fishing is far more humane that using a net.

Some pictures show her gutting her catches – prompting critics to call on her to stop. One described her on Facebook as Jack the Ripper.

‘I shoot them in the brain and they die immediately,’ she said. ‘I’m very respectful of everything I do.

‘If you buy fish from a supermarket, why am I the bad guy? People see blood and they get squeamish.

‘People get really angry, they get upset because they are not used to seeing where their food comes from. Everyone turns a blind eye to what they are eating and I put the reality in front of them.’

Perhaps, they're really angry at the fact that she's also drop dead gorgeous: