epicphotographydad_1.jpg
Dave Engledow started posting these amazing photo creations of himself and his 6-month old daughter Alice Bee. A year later, after creating a Kickstarter for his second calendar, the project took off then it was chosen as one of the site's staff picks.

Engledow, 43, often shoots his and Alice Bee's photos separately. He then edits the pictures together, which can take anywhere from 5 to 20 hours. It started with this photo:

epicphotographydad_9.jpg

Alice’s bribes include things like fruit snacks and Popsicles, or, if they need to “break out the big guns,” chocolate.

epicphotographydad.jpg

“I think early on in the series a lot of the photos were me kind of playing out things that I was afraid of as a father,” he said. It's been three years, but Alice still gets excited to see the photos. “She was really excited when we got our copy of the book in the mail, but I don’t think she realizes yet that this is an unusual thing,” he said. “I think she thinks that that’s just something that happens.”

epicphotographydad_7.jpg
Image: Dave Engledow's book cover

“My hope is that as she gets a little bit older, she and I will start coming up with ideas together, and that we’ll kind of be partners in the project,” he said

epicphotographydad_2.jpgepicphotographydad_3.jpgepicphotographydad_4.jpgepicphotographydad_5.jpg
epicphotographydad_6.jpg
epicphotographydad_8.jpg
epicphotographydad_10.jpgepicphotographydad_11.jpgepicphotographydad_12.jpgepicphotographydad_13.jpgepicphotographydad_14.jpg