It's no secret that some guys can be pretty desperate for female companionship, but one guy decided to reveal just how desperate these men really are by setting up a fake account on a dating site.

creep.jpg

According to Mandatory writer Rob Fee, he decided to sign up for his very own OKCupid account after being inspired by a friend's attempt at online matchmaking:
"[My friend] was constantly telling me about all the bizarre and pathetic lines guys try to use on her via instant message," Fee writes. "She would very blatantly shoot them down and yet they would continue to message her." Intrigued, Fee devised an experiment to see just "how far guys would go to get a date or a hook-up."
Using a photo of cute female friend, Fee decided to cook up an irretrievably off-putting bio (see above) that he describes as:
"I wanted to make this so idiotic and unappealing that no one in their right mind would show interest in this girl," Fee says. "If you are hitting on her after reading her profile you have no interest in anything intellectual whatsoever."
Based on the response, it didn't seem to matter to 39 guys who messaged Fee within six hours of the profile being up on the site. Initially, he thought they were reacting to the cute pic and skipped on reading the bio. However, that notion was quickly quashed once he actually started exchanging messages with these desperate suitors:

omg.png

16_1352757729.png

Some of the Casanovas soon realized they were dealing with "an idiot/sociopath" and cut off all communication, but the others just wouldn't quit no matter how bizarre the conversation seemed. Fee summons up his experience as such:
Now, of course, I'm not saying that every guy on the Internet is desperate and creepy, but ... fellas, browse through that profile a little and make sure you aren't getting ready to message an illiterate part-time prostitute with a rubber arm and a history of vehicular crimes.
Read the rest of the story here, but be warned as it might make you want to quit the online dating scene for good!