Most prudes consider cinematic nudity to be gratuitous, but some nude scenes can really define a movie (while making those cold, lonely nights a little less lonely).

And to celebrate all the glorious wonders of the female physique, here's an appropriate tribute to all those brave actresses in Hollywood who have dared to bare it all on the big screen:

1. Anne Hathaway
anne.jpg
Took it all off for: Brokeback Mountain, Havoc, Love & Other Drugs and Rachel Getting Married.

2. Marisa Tomei

marisa.jpg
Took it all off for:  Factotum, Before the Devil Knows Your Dead and The Wrestler.

3. Heather Graham

heather.jpg
Took it all off for: Appeared naked a total of six times in films like Boogie Nights, Killing Me Softly and The Hangover.

4. Julianne Moore
julliane.jpg
Took it all off for: Has appeared in six nude scenes. She explained to Wonderland magazine, “People ask all the time if sex scenes and nudity are hard. What’s hard? Not the lines or the physicality, but the emotion."

5. Penelope Cruz

penelope.jpg
Took it all off for: Her first ever film Jamón Jamón, and has since been nude in eight other films, such as the 2008 film Elegy and Twice Born.

6. Kate Winslet

katewinslet.jpg
Took it all off for: Besides that memorable scene in Titanic, Winslet’s done nine other nude scenes in films such as The Reader, Little Children and Hideous Kinky.

7. Kim Cattrall

kim.jpg
Took it all off for: HBO’s Sex and the City, and a total of 10 other times on the big screen, including the 1982 film Porky’s.

8. Marion Cotillard

marion.jpg
Took it all off for: The Parisian-born actress has been nude on screen 12 times for La Boite Noire, Pretty Things and Chloe, amongst others. She even scored an Academy Award for Best Actress thanks to her performance in La Vie En Rose.

9. Monica Bellucci

monica.jpg
Bared it all for: The gorgeous Italian-born model has been nude on screen over 16 times. Here's what she had to say about taking it all off: “No, I’m not scared of nudity that’s for sure. I have nothing against it and maybe because I come from fashion and all models they have no problem with nudity and they’re perfectly comfortable with their own body. I did films like Malena or films like Irreversible, where I had nude scenes. It doesn’t bother me—nudity—on screen, if there’s a reason for that.”

10. Angelina Jolie

Angelina_Jolie.jpg
Bared it all for: The sultry Angelina Jolie has gone nude 12 times in her career, which included movies like Original Sin, Taking Lives, Wanted, The Good Shepherd, Foxfire and Gia.